This chandelier was made in Genoa, Italy, during the late-18th century, circa 1780. This piece is made of gilt iron arms and gilt wood center column and features six arms draped in crystal. Between each of the six arms are crystal swags with hanging French drops. The center of the chandelier is decorated with acanthus leaves and French drops. This piece originally held candles but has been French wired for candelabra bulbs.